BCBSAZ Advantage requires separate contract
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Advantage is a locally based Medicare Advantage health plan available to Medicare-eligible residents in Maricopa, Pima and portions of Pinal Counties.
BCBSAZ Advantage is a distinct and separate entity from BCBSAZ commercial, and requires its own unique provider contracting and credentialing process. Having a participation agreement with BCBSAZ does not mean your office is automatically contracted to be in network for BCBSAZ Advantage members. Provider participation in the BCBSAZ Advantage Network is based on a separate contract agreement issued by BCBSAZ Advantage, subject to the network need of the specialty.
Following is an overview of important information regarding the BCBSAZ Advantage program.
Adding providers to the BCBSAZ Advantage Network
To request participation in the BCBSAZ Advantage Network, please visit AZBlueMedicare.com to download and submit a provider application, or call BCBSAZ Advantage Provider Relations at (480) 684-7712.
BCBSAZ Advantage ID Card
The only Alpha Prefix for BCBSAZ Advantage member ID cards is XBU.
BCBSAZ Advantage plans and locations:
- Blue Medicare Advantage Classic (HMO) – Maricopa County and specific areas in Pinal County
- Blue Medicare Advantage Plus (HMO) – Maricopa County and specific areas in Pinal County
- Blue Medicare Advantage Premier (HMO) – Maricopa County and specific areas in Pinal County
- Blue Medicare Advantage Classic Pima (HMO) – Pima County
Checking eligibility and benefits and precertification for BCBSAZ Advantage members
Please call the BCBSAZ Advantage Customer Service department at (800) 446-8331.
Submitting claims to BCBSAZ Advantage
Please send your claims for Advantage members to the address below (note that the claims address is different than for BCBSAZ commercial claims).
- Professional claims should be billed only on the most current CMS 1500 form (version 02/12) using the servicing provider’s national provider identifier (NPI) number
- Facility claims should be billed on the most current CMS UB form using the facility's NPI
- While electronic claims are encouraged, BCBSAZ Advantage accepts paper claims too
- The EDI Payer ID is 77078 for professional and institutional/facility claims
- Submit paper claims to:
P.O. Box 16800
Mesa, AZ 85211
BCBSAZ Advantage provider directory
Please visit AZBlueMedicare.com to view or download a provider directory.
BCBSAZ Advantage provider relations
For more information, please visit the BCBSAZ Advantage website at AZBlueMedicare.com or call BCBSAZ Advantage Provider Relations at (480) 684-7712.